Les Wexner says he was conned by Epstein; Democrats push back on testimony

by | Feb 19, 2026 | World

Retail tycoon Les Wexner has told lawmakers in the United States that he had been “duped” by the late sex offender Jeffrey Epstein and denied any knowledge of his former financial adviser’s abuse of girls and young women.Wexner, a former CEO and founder of Victoria’s Secret owner L Brands, made the statement on Wednesday in written testimony to the House Committee on Oversight and Government Reform, which is investigating Epstein and his ties to the US elite.Recommended Stories list of 4 itemsend of listThe Democrats on the panel had subpoenaed the 88-year-old billionaire after the latest release of Epstein-related documents by the Department of Justice (DOJ) revealed new details about his relationship with the well-connected financier.Five committee members travelled to Wexner’s home in Ohio to take a deposition from him in a closed-door session. He was questioned for six hours, and a video and transcript are to be released soon.In his written statement, Wexner described Epstein as a “conman” and said he had been “naive, foolish, and gullible to put any trust” in the convicted sex offender.Wexner said he was introduced to Epstein in the mid-1980s and later hired him to manage his vast wealth acquired as the founder of L Brands, which also operated leading brands like The Limited, Express, Bath & Body Works, and Abercrombie & Fitch.Wexner said he had “irrevocably cut ties” with Epstei …

Article Attribution | Read More at Article Source